Understanding Blockchain: For CPAs, Accountants, & Auditors (Completed)
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019
Instructor: Salvatore Collemi
||9:00am Pacific Time
10:00am Mountain Time
11:00am Central Time
12:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Many say the accounting profession is set to play a key role in driving the adoption of this new technology to both privately-held and publicly-traded companies. But what exactly is blockchain? In short, Blockchain is a global digital ledger of economic transactions that is transparent, continually updated by countless users, and considered by many as almost impossible to corrupt or hack. What are the components that make up this technology? How does this apply to accounting professionals? You’ll get that knowledge here! You, as an accounting/auditing professional, can decide the fate of how the adoption will come to fruition. Blockchain has the potential to significantly disrupt the business sector and the public accounting industry in the next three to five years.
This course is designed to get you up to speed on what this cutting-edge technology is all about. You’ll learn about the basic concepts, lexicon, technology and potential applications related to Blockchain. This course will help you prepare for future conversations about Blockchain with your clients, prospects, colleagues, peers and others!
Who Should Attend
Auditors, accountants, practitioners, and CPAs.
- What is Blockchain (in Plain English)?
- Public vs. Private Blockchains
- Differences between Centralized, Decentralized and Distributed Networks
- Realistic Applications in Practice
- The latest Blockchain software out on the market
- Next Steps in the Evolution of Your Practice
- What will you do?
- Recognize the evolving world of Blockchain Technology
- Describe the impact on both the financial reporting process and the audit approach
- Identify the latest software being utilized
NASBA Field of Study
Auditing (1 hour), Information Technology (1 hour)