2023 Accounting & Auditing Mid-Year Tune-Up
Author: Pat Patterson
||2 hours for CPAs
Review new pronouncements, proposals, and issues from the AICPA's Auditing Standards Board (ASB) up to the date of the course. This course will inform participants of the latest issues from the ASB and the AICPA for private entities and Not-for-Profit Entities. New and revised audit standards, attestation standards, audit and attestation interpretations and other new pronouncements about auditing from the AICPA will be discussed. Any newly released auditing issues that are not effective yet from the AICPA will be visited as considered proper.
Publication Date: May 2023
Professionals in public practice, business, industry, government, and education who deal with nonpublic entities and wish to stay current on professional standards.
- 2023 Update on selected Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) and FASB Standards
- 2023 Update on selected Auditing and Attestation Standards from the Auditing Standards Board (ASB)
- 2023 Update on selected SSARS from the Accounting and Review Services Committee (ARSC)
- Insight into Quality Management and other related issues
- Recognize the auditing pronouncements that affect private companies from the ASB of the AICPA and to review other new audit releases that may affect the non-issuing entities
- Recognize any new auditing standards recently issued and to review some of the Auditing Standards that are substantive
- Recognize SASs superseding the existing requirements
- Recognize the statements about Statement of Quality Management Standards
- Recognize and name correct statements with respect to AU-C Section 570
- Recognize which SSAE resulted in the completion of the AICPA ASB's Clarify Project
- Recognize and show the date all clarified SASs became effective for audits of financial statements
- Recognize new elements with respect to a firm's system of quality management based on the new requirements of quality management (QM) standards
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (1 hour), Auditing (1 hour)
Basic understanding of accounting and auditing standards.