Accounting Standards for CPAs: Winter Update 2023
Author: Pat Patterson
||2 hours for CPAs
This course will cover the recently issued Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) for 2021, 2022, and 2023 as appropriate. In addition, the course will deal with earlier standards that have deferred the effective dates for standards. Further, additional information that the FASB offers that is considered important will be dealt with. This includes FASB meetings, news releases and anticipated developments.
Publication Date: January 2023
Any professional accountant that has a need to remain current on FASB releases and developments for generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) should attend this session? This includes those in public accounting, business, nonprofit organizations, and other areas.
- Update on selected recent Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) issued by the FASB
- Update on Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Research Projects and Post-Implementation Review Projects
- FASB Outlook
- Recognize and apply new GAAP releases
- Identify the issues in the new Accounting Standards Updates
- Identify any new disclosure issues
NASBA Field of Study
Accounting (2 hours)
Basic knowledge of FASB and GAAP