An Accountant's Guide to Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
Author: Stephen M. Yoss
||2 hours for CPAs
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum are two of the hottest technology topics today. Yet few business professionals understand these technologies, their capabilities, their risks, and their potential impacts on business operations and processes, such as contract execution, recording and maintaining real estate ownership records, and supply chains. To learn more about these disruptive technologies – including potential effects on the accounting profession – make plans to participate in this fast-paced and highly informative session. This is everything a financial professional needs to know to get started with Blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies!
Join expert, Stephen Yoss, Jr., CPA, as he focuses on the technology and real world applications of blockchain and cryptocurrentcy.
Publication Date: September 2018
Financial professionals looking to get started with Blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
- What is blockchain & cryptocurrency?
- Where is it used and how does it work?
- A brief history of these technologies
- Risks and rewards of these technologies
- Interesting applications of today and coming up in the future
- How to get started today
- Describe blockchain and identify an example of blockchain technology currently in use
- Recognize examples of how blockchain uses encryption to make the resulting ledger tamper-resistant
- Identify at least four possible uses for blockchain-based ledgers
- Define cryptocurrency and list the major cryptocurrencies in use today
- Identify examples of benefits and risks associated with using cryptocurrencies
- Identify digital ledger of transactions
- Identify risks and advantages to utilizing blockchain tehcnology
- Differentiate cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and how they are used
- Identify the steps to getting started with cryptocurrency
- Identify the process of settling transactions in most blockchain applications
- Recognize real-world concerns with respect to cryptocurrency
- Describe the central technology principal that makes blockchain and cryptocurrencies operate
NASBA Field of Study
Information Technology (2 hours)