Automation for Increasing Personal Efficiency and Effectiveness
Author: Stephen M. Yoss
||2 hours for CPAs
Automation can be incredibly helpful for saving time, improving accuracy, promoting effectiveness, and getting more value out of your workday. One of the best things a person can do is to invest time into automating their workday because it will help them to complete more work in the same period of time, reduce daily stress and provide better mental clarity. Automation can be permanent time savings for a person, once something is automated you always get that time back on a project.
This course will discuss the various tools, methods, apps, websites, and more that a person can use to help promote personal automation in both your personal and professional life. It will incorporate technologies such as integration platform as a service (iPaaS) tools, Amazon Alexa and Google Home, the Elgato Streamdeck, and more. Participants will learn methods that can help them save anywhere from a couple of hours to weeks of time.
Publication Date: November 2022
- What are integration and automation?
- Exploring Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) tools and services
- Automation within tools you're already using today
- Using the Elgato Stream Deck for pushbutton automation and integration
- Intelligent virtual assistants (IVAs) for automation around the house
- Techniques for improving time management
- Recognize automation and demonstrate different use cases
- Identify processes in your personal and professional life where automation can be utilized to save you time
- Identify automation tools and the various strengths and weaknesses
- Identify which products and services that are the best for your personal workflow
- Recognize how to establish and account with an integration-as-a-platform-service (iPaaS) provider and create automation workflows for daily tasks such as email, calendaring, and document management
NASBA Field of Study
Information Technology (2 hours)