Intermediate Excel Pivot Table Techniques
Author: David H. Ringstrom
||2 hours for CPAs
This on-demand course will teach you the next level of pivot table skills by explaining the PivotTable feature, the Linked Picture feature, the Recommended PivotTables feature, and more. You’ll learn to create self-updating titles for charts and pivot charts as well as how to automate your work using macros.
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the course.
Publication Date: April 2018
Practitioners who wish to learn how to manipulate pivot table data more efficiently and effectively.
- Adding fields to pivot tables
- Filtering pivot table data based on date ranges by way of the Timeline feature in Excel 2013 and later
- Drilling down into numbers with a double-click—or preventing other users from being able to do so
- Getting past the "PivotTable field name already exists" prompt once and for all
- Identifying the requirements of ideal data sets to be analyzed within your pivot tables
- Embedding frequently used lists, such as employees, departments, or key customers, into Excel's interface for use with any spreadsheet
- Learning the basics of creating pivot tables
- Learning how to expand and collapse pivot table elements, thereby avoiding information overload
- Creating a macro in Excel that will set any pivot table to automatically format number fields that you add
- Seeing multiple ways to remove fields from a pivot table
- Creating self-updating titles for charts and pivot charts
- Recall how to quickly transform lists of raw data into usable reports in just a few simple steps
- Recognize and apply the macro that will automatically format number fields that you've added
- Define how to create self-updating titles for pivot table charts
- Identify calculation methods to use within pivot tables
- Recognize how features may appear differently in other Excel versions
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)
Experience with Pivot Tables or Completion of Excel 101: Pivot Tables.