Introduction to Excel Macros: Part 1
Author: David H. Ringstrom
||2 hours for CPAs
If you want to learn how to create and implement macros—one of Excel’s most powerful features—this presentation is designed just for you. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, introduces you to the concept of Excel macros as well as to the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro. He also explains how to use the Record Macro feature and Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook. After participating is this on-demand course, you’ll be prepared to begin utilizing macros immediately.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation and in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the course.
Publication Date: October 2018
Practitioners who wish to learn how to create and implement macros to automate their work in Excel.
- Discovering how to use Excel's Personal Macro Workbook
- Deciphering and managing Excel's macro security prompts
- Converting .XLS workbooks to the up-to-date .XLSX format with just two keystrokes
- Understanding how macros are used in Excel, along with the risks and benefits associated with them
- Learning the risks and frustrations of using merged cells in Excel worksheets.
- Learning how to use Excel's Record Macro feature to create simple macros, without having any knowledge of programming
- Identify how to prevent macros from being discarded from workbooks when saving
- Recognize and apply the Unhide command to locate and manage Excel's Personal Macro Workbook
- Define how to create general-use macros with the Relative Reference setting for Excel's Macro Recorder
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)
A basic understanding of Excel.