Author: David H. Ringstrom
||2 hours for CPAs
Learn the basics of QuickBooks, such as adding new customers, accounts, inventory items, etc. as well as basic transactions such as journal entries, checks, invoices, other QuickBooks features.
If you're brand new to the desktop version of QuickBooks, or want to fill in gaps in your QuickBooks knowledge, this session is designed for you. QuickBooks expert David Ringstrom, CPA will take you through this eponymous accounting software from creating a company through entering just about every type of transaction.
David teaches from QuickBooks Accountant 2015, but the presentation is applicable to anyone using a recent version of QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise. This presentation does not address QuickBooks Online, which is the cloud-based version of QuickBooks.
David’s course materials include detailed handouts with numbered steps so that you can easily recreate the steps he carries out onscreen. His fast-paced teaching style involves walking you through the numbered steps that you’ll see in the handout, and in some cases demonstrating hands-on techniques within QuickBooks.
Publication Date: January 2015
Practitioners new to QuickBooks, or those seeking to enhance their knowledge of QuickBooks
- Compare the differences between QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise.
- Create a new QuickBooks company from scratch.
- Regain access to QuickBooks companies when you don't remember the password.
- Manage your QuickBooks chart of accounts.
- Add list items, such as customers, vendors, inventory items, employees, as well as supporting lists.
- Customize QuickBooks by using custom fields.
- Compare customer invoices versus sales receipts.
- Understand the nuances of the Quick Add feature.
- See how to maximize the Undeposited Funds account.
- Save time by memorizing transactions.
- Get an overview of processing payroll within QuickBooks.
- Reconcile your bank and credit card statements.
- See two different ways to find transactions.
- Run reports, such as a Profit & Loss and Sales by Customer.
- Get an overview of managing budgets within QuickBooks.
- See how to back-up and restore your QuickBooks company.
- Recognize how the various aspects of QuickBooks work together
- Create and maintain a set of accounting records in QuickBooks
- Identify nuances in the software that sometimes confuse new users
NASBA Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)