Recent Tax Developments (August 2020)
Author: Annette Nellen
||2 hours for CPAs
2 hours Federal Tax Law Updates for EAs and OTRPs
2 hours Federal Tax Updates for CTEC
This course provides an opportunity to stay on top of developments that directly and indirectly affect your clients and practice. The focus is on key guidance from legislation, tax agencies and the courts that represent new interpretations, as well as guidance on new laws.
Join expert, Annette Nellen, as she emphasizes the updates most relevant to individuals and small businesses. In addition, this course will cover federal developments, key state, and multistate issues likely to have a broad impact. We encourage you to register once a quarter to stay on top of the constant change in tax guidance, build a stronger foundation for tax planning, and identify possible practice development areas.
Publication Date: August 2020
Practitioners at all levels looking for a way to efficiently stay on top of key federal and state developments of most relevance to individuals and small businesses.
- COVID tax guidance - new FAQs of interest, executive order on the payroll deferral for employees, interesting developments, recent litigation, and more proposals for change
- Individual and business developments - divorce cases, proposed regs on small business accounting methods, virtual currency updates, proposal to index capital gains
- Practice & procedure developments - IRS update on practice during the pandemic, summer 2020 IRS Security Six tips,
- Multistate developments - select state and local tax changes, mobile workforce proposal status
- Looking forward - expiring provisions, proposals of interest
- And more
- Identify key developments from legislatures, tax agencies, and the courts
- Recognize law changes that may affect your clients and your practice
- Identify COVID-19 legislative actions and proposals
NASBA Field of Study
Taxes (2 hours)
Basic understanding of tax preparation.