Financial Statement Analysis: Reading the Numbers Correctly (Completed)
Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Instructor: David Osburn
||12:00pm Pacific Time
1:00pm Mountain Time
2:00pm Central Time
3:00pm Eastern Time
||2 hours for CPAs
Attend this proactive training session and learn to think like a banker, work more like a consultant than a CPA, and get way beyond the numbers! This webinar emphasizes financial statement analysis using a practical approach to reading financial information. A banker's review of standard financial statements will be followed by an in-depth display of financial ratios and cash flow analyses.
The participant is also provided techniques to determine a company's true cash flow position, a personal cash flow approach, and a real estate cash flow scenario. Two case studies are presented to reinforce the financial analysis concepts using the Moody’s Risk Analysts spreadsheet and industry comparisons.
This webinar will also outline how banks make commercial credit decisions using established analytical techniques and concludes with a review of the Z-score (bankruptcy predictor) and sustainable growth models.
Who Should Attend
CPAs in private practice, CFO/controllers, financial managers, auditors, financial analysts, practitioners who provide accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses.
- Financial statement analysis
- Credit decision making
- Basic financial ratio analysis
- Cash flow analyses, spreadsheet analysis, and industry comparisons
- Z-score (bankruptcy predictor) and sustainable growth models
- Recognize how bankers analyze financial statements and make credit decisions
- Recognize basic financial ratio analysis techniques
- Identify various cash flow analyses, the Moody's Risk Analysts spreadsheet, and industry comparisons
- Identify the Z-score (bankruptcy predictor) and sustainable growth models
NASBA Field of Study
Finance (2 hours)
Basic knowledge of Financial Statement Analysis.